Wednesday, January 30, 2013

My Fitness: P90X2 Review

P90X2: I didn’t think it was possible, but these workouts are even more intense than the original P90X.  This was my sixth Beachbody workout to try.  If you order the base pack from the website, you’ll receive twelve DVDs, an intro video, a comprehensive nutrition plan, detailed fitness guide, workout calendar, on-line support, and other informational brochures.  The DVD set currently retails for $119.85 + tax on the Beachbody website.  How it works: there are three phases – Phase 1: Foundation (3-5 weeks), Phase 2: Strength (3-6 weeks) and Phase 3:  Performance (3-4 weeks).

The DVDs for P90X2 include:
  1. X2 CORE (60 minutes) – This is the main core workout for P90X2. 
  2. PLYOCIDE (60 minutes) – Another explosive plyo workout.
  3. X2 RECOVERY + MOBILITY (60 minutes) – This DVD includes foam rolling and recovery.
  4. X2 TOTAL BODY (65 minutes) – This DVD focuses on instability and resistance training
  5. X2 YOGA (70 minutes) – This is shorter than the P90X yoga but is still difficult.
  6. X2 BALANCE + POWER (65 minutes) – Core balance and power training.
  7. CHEST + BACK + BALANCE (60 minutes) – Strength and balance training using unstable platforms.
  8. X2 SHOULDERS + ARMS (55 minutes) – Shoulders and Arms strength training.
  9. BASE + BACK (55 minutes) – Pull-up and Plyo moves to sculpt your base and back.
  10. P.A.P. LOWER (65 minutes) - A revolutionary sports training technique that helps translate fitness into pro-level performance.
  11. P.A.P. UPPER (55 minutes) - Destroyingly difficult yet seemingly straightforward moves.
  12. X2 AB RIPPER (20 minutes) Another solid ab-ripping workout.
All of the DVDs have the countdown at the bottom, which I appreciate.  Tony is again accompanied by both men and women, and they are real people who have gone through the program and seen great results. Tony is still a fantastic instructor – I love his jokes and find him to be encouraging and motivational. I really push myself during these workouts.  The workouts are geared toward men and women. 

Things I liked about Tony: Like I said above – he is a GREAT coach. One of my favorites.  I like his style and appreciate his focus on form, which eliminates possible injuries.  I love that the workouts come with a nutritional guide/meal plan and on-line support and a coach. These DVDs cost a lot of money, but they provide 90 days of workouts, nutrition, and fitness advice.  For what you are getting, I find the price to be reasonable (about the same as a gym membership, but with a personal trainer named Tony).  I also love that the DVDs are rotational, so you’re not doing the same workout every day.  The things that weren't for me: These DVDs are really difficult.  If you aren’t already in shape, I wouldn’t recommend them for you.  Definitely try P90X first, then use this as your next workout to see continued, improved results.

No comments:

Post a Comment