Thursday, January 31, 2013

My Fitness: Slim in 6 Review

Slim in 6: It’s been a while since I’ve done Slim in 6. In fact, I ordered them so long ago that I have the VHS tapes.  This was my second Beachbody workout to try. If you order from the Beachbody website, you’ll receive six DVDs, resistance bands, a workout calendar, eating plan, a six-day jump-start diet, and other informational brochures.  The DVD set currently retails for $39.90 + tax (on sale!) on the Beachbody website. How it works: the suggested rotation is to do Start it Up (30 minutes) the first week, then progress to Ramp it Up (50 minutes) for two weeks and conclude with Burn it Up (50 minutes) for three weeks.  The set also includes a bonus 10-minute abs workout and 15-minute stretching workout, as well as an additional Cardio Core workout.   I highly recommend following the meal plan and taking the supplements to receive the best results. 

If you're looking to lose weight and tone up (lean muscles), then this is a great workout.  The tapes combine aerobic and resistance training (typical exercises include lunges, squats, crunches, etc) and Debbie is accompanied by a male and female exerciser (though these workouts seem to be more geared toward females). I appreciated the clock and segment timer, as they motivated me to keep going.

Things I liked about Debbie: she is super-friendly, upbeat, and positive throughout the workouts.  I found her to be motivational. I love that the workouts come with a nutritional guide/meal plan, and that Beachbody offers on-line support and a coach. For what you are getting, I find the price to be more than reasonable. The things that weren't for me: Similar to what I said in my 30-day shred review, I get bored during the last three weeks performing the same workout over and over again. To help alleviate this, I mixed it up with the additional Cardio workout. Overall, I would highly recommend these DVDs as I saw great results.

No comments:

Post a Comment