Thursday, February 7, 2013

My Fitness: CrossFit Review

Crossfit: Crossfit is a fitness regimen that is designed to optimize fitness by changing up the daily workouts (muscle confusion).  It uses a combination of weight lifting, plyo, cardio, medicine balls, kettle bells, etc.  Most Crossfit gyms charge about $150/month and have classes that are offered several times a day.  You can also Google the WOD (workout of the day) to do on your own, if you have the equipment.

Things I liked about Crossfit: When I lived in Austin, I joined a Crossfit gym.  The workouts were challenging and I did tone up.  I enjoy working out live with a group of people – I find it motivating.  The instructors were encouraging and focused on form.  The things that weren't for me: The price - $150 per month is expensive. There was very little nutritional training, and many of the gyms are located in non-air-conditioned warehouses (not great when you’re working out in the Texas summer heat).  With all of the other great fitness options out there, I don’t think I’ll be rejoining Crossfit; however, I've known lots of other people who had great results with the program.

No comments:

Post a Comment