Monday, February 4, 2013

My Fitness: Jillian Michaels: Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism Review

Jillian Michaels: Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism: Similar to 30-Day Shred, This DVD is based on Jillian’s 3-2-1 method.  This DVD has seven 6-minute circuits.  The total routine (including warm-up and cool-down) takes about 50 minutes.

Things I liked about this DVD: The routine is challenging... you definitely feel the burn the next day, and it is reasonably priced (about $11 + tax).  I like Jillian's style, and I believe her 3-2-1 method works well.  Things that weren't for me: This DVD is one workout that you can break down into seven shorter workouts.  There are no levels and no progression.  If you get this DVD, you’re going to need to supplement it with something else to prevent boredom.  The “health tips” in the bonus section are cheesy and lead into an Oral-B commercial.  The DVD also doesn’t come with any type of real nutrition information/meal plan or on-line support.  Jillian only uses females in her videos which doesn’t bother me, but there’s no way I could convince my husband to try this workout. I would probably recommend this DVD as something to supplement other workout programs, but if you're looking for a 30-day workout program, it wouldn't be my first choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment