Monday, October 14, 2013

Bible Verse of the Week

Nehemiah 6:9 "For they all wanted to frighten us, thinking 'Their hands will drop from the work, and it will not be done.' But now, O God, strengthen my hands."

In this passage, Jerusalem was working to rebuild it's walls, and its enemies were trying to frighten them into quitting. I love this verse, because what is reminds me is that God has called me to do a work.  Whether it's my job or something else, discouragement will come. It's when we take on the tasks that God has called us to that others, namely the Enemy, will work against us.  People living in disobedience or even Christian mediocrity don't always respond well to those who are pursuing excellence. That's ok... shake it off, and continue doing what God has called you to do with greater determination!
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment