Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Shakeology: Priority Over Price

"I would love to try Shakeology, but I'm sorry. I just can't afford it."

Whenever I hear someone say this, I want to apologize to them. Not because I think they're poor. Not because I won't get commission. But because I haven't done a good enough job helping them realize the importance of Shakeology.

Here’s the deal… we all operate within a budget. Trust me – as a stay-at-home mom, I know how important operating within our families budget can be.  Sure, some of us have a little more flexibility to spend than others, but we all make decisions on how we will spend our money based on our priorities.

I recently read an article in Time Magazine that highlights what the average American spends annually in a few categories. Here are some highlights:

Coffee: $1,092

Soft drinks: $850
Pets: $1,183
Lunch: $2,000

A person who thinks Cups or Starbucks is overpriced would think it is CRAZY to spend a grand on coffee each year. But to the business man who takes his clients to coffee each year – that’s nothing to him compared to the income those meetings bring in by helping him maintain great relationships with his customers.


To a person who hates animals, it may seem absurd to spend almost $1200 on a pet. But those who have pets don't see the additional $1,200 when they look at their sweet puppy.

And the woman who drops $2,000 a year on lunches? That's nothing to her compared to the time she spends fellowshipping with her friends and family members during her daily work break.  She wouldn’t trade that money for anything.

See my point?

If it's important to us, we'll find a way to make it work. If not, we'll make an excuse.

My health matters to me, so we’ve found ways to work this into our monthly budget.  Since breakfast can be done healthy for cheaper, you could substitute Shakeology for lunch or dinner. You could use half a scoop daily. You could split a bag with a friend and drink it every other day.

You HAVE options, and you COULD make it work.

So if you've thought about trying Shakeology, but you've told yourself it's too expensive, please take two minutes and watch this commercial from one of my favorite trainers – Tony Horton.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwgaeGBvm4c

Your health is important!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment