Monday, September 30, 2013

Bible Verse of the Week

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 "Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies."

Earlier this year, our student ministry was going through a purity series. We were teaching our students the importance of guarding their hearts and their minds. It's so easy to get caught up in the things we see on TV - to think that it's all about how we look, what we own, how big our house is, how fast we can run, etc. And the truth of the matter is - we were designed for SO much more than that. When I was reading these two verses, a light bulb came on - my body is a temple. As a follower of Christ, the Holy Spirit lives in me. Wow. How often do I treat my body poorly - filling it with food that is unhealthy for me, eating to excess, or not eating enough. How diligent am I about working it out and keeping it strong so that I can continue to minister to those whom God has called me to, without feeling too tired or worn down to do so. My body is a temple - not just my mind and my heart, but all of it. What one change can you make this week to begin treating your body as the temple God designed it to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment